Competency Standard IV

 From the moment the families walk into my room I begin to establish a relationship with them. I ask them questions about their child and their experience with childcare. I offer information about myself like my experience, education, family and goals. I inform them about the different things we do in class and why. I let them know that they are welcome to call or message any time of day to check on their little one and that we keep open communications. I try to make them as comfortable as possible because I know how hard it can be to leave your child with someone new, especially for first time parents. 

CS IV a: 

We use the Brightwheel app to keep the parents updated on daily activities like naps, diapers, meals, photos and special activities. We also use this app to send and receive messages with the parents. I like to give the parents a daily recap when they are picking their children up. Once a week we call the parents for a quick 10 minute chat to talk about the positive things their child has done that week. I also do a weekly newsletter with more updates about what we are learning in class and why. 


CS IV b:

Every Monday we ask the parents how the children's weekend was, we ask if anything happened that we should be aware of or if they started doing anything new. During our weekly calls we make sure to ask if the child is trying new things or displaying new behaviors. Knowing these things help me to understand any behaviors that are out of the ordinary for that child, they help me to know what we need to work on or encourage more or less of.

Comments