Competency Standard VI

 I make sure to always dress professionally by keeping my attire free of rips and tears, not revealing and no lewd content on my tops. I don’t wear excessive makeup or jewelry. I speak to the families, co-workers and directors in a respectful way at all times. I always keep a positive attitude and welcome all advice and criticism as a chance to grow and learn. 


CS VI a:

I have chosen to work with young children and their families because they are our future! The work that we do now, no matter how minimal it seems, is what will shape their entire lives. I also chose this profession because there are so many children who don’t have the greatest home life, school is their safe place. This is where they come to feel loved and safe and get regular meals. Many families don’t have access to resources they need  and we can help with that as well. I believe that the most important thing I can do as a teacher/caregiver is not only to teach them but to nurture, love, encourage, protect and support our students, and families, while also providing routines, stability and boundaries so that they may feel safe and open to learning new things.



CS VI b:

I believe the most important qualities of professionalism I possess are patience, creativity, and understanding. I am able to keep calm during any tantrum and because of that am typically able to calm the child. If they aren’t able to be distracted or redirected I will simply hold them to my chest and let them feel my breathing and talk to them in a soothing tone. I try to come up with fun, creative activities to keep them engaged and entertained while also learning. I always take the parents' concerns into consideration and never brush them off. I make sure to provide any help I possibly can to them. I understand that all children are different and their behavior can vary day to day depending on what is going on in their life and I am prepared to help them work through whatever they are feeling that day!


Comments