Competency Standard V

 I try to keep my classroom very organized and not cluttered so that myself and any teacher that may come into my room can find what they need quickly. This helps us to get back to the children in a timely manner. I make sure to keep everything in my classroom labeled so that teachers other than myself will know where to find things in the event of my absence. I created a sub binder with all the information that a substitute teacher would need to effectively run my classroom should I not be there. These things ensure that the children get what they need, when they need it and that little mistakes will be made. 

CS V a:

I used an anecdotal note to track a new milestone/skill this child has learned. Observations and documentation are important to show how the children develop. They are used to help the teachers know what needs to be worked on, they help the parents know where their child is in their development so that they know if and when intervention may be needed. I use pictures and video to look back on if I cannot make the observation at that moment, I make notes throughout the day stating exactly what I see happening, not what I think is happening. I have someone double check my work to make sure I tracked the observation correctly. My center uses the program COR to help track the children's progress. 

Comments